It’s a new year and new resolutions to travel more, but before we start dreaming of the next locales, let’s look at some practical money advice. In this post, I answer some common money questions on how you can save for that next getaway.
How do I know if I have enough money saved for vacation?
The old-fashioned rule of thumb was to save a week’s worth of salary for one annual vacation [Read More…]
Ever been on vacation and find yourself amidst of “unplanned downtime”? Unplanned downtime is when you didn’t fill that itinerary with a fun activity because you didn’t plan it. Yup, doesn’t apply to me neither! I always find something to do 🙂
But what about certain activities that demand too much of your budget and you need an activity to “pad” your itinerary should you need it? Well, you’re in luck because here is a list of 35 FREE things to do while you are on vacation [Read More…]
I enjoy looking for ways to save a buck or two and the habit is no different when it comes to traveling. So, if you are looking for more smart ways to save some money as you vacation? Keep reading because I compiled some more adventure hacks that you can use before and during your trip! [Read More…]
Today’s deal is coming from America’s renowned coastal destination of Maine, Kennebunk! Kennebunk’s history began in 1621 and was developed as a center for trading, shipping, and later, shipbuilding. The town has later become the summer attraction for tourists from all over.
Blessed with three main beaches, the town offers so many activities for all visitors to participate in such as fishing, boating, biking along the beach and more. Average annual temperature is 50.4/10.2 °F (°C).
This deal comes specifically from the beautiful Grand Hotel. With its lovely traditional decor, it will make you feel right at home the minute you step into the lobby with its warm setting. Each accommodation is filled with amenities to make your stay at the charming town of Maine enjoyable and memorable.
Since it gets cold quite often, the hotel takes steps to ensure that each guest room is equipped with features to keep you comfortable such as heated bath floors 🙂
Enjoy the sightseeing coastal scenes at Kennebunk while relaxing in a top-notched hotel stay!
• Normally priced at $121, today’s deal is $89/night (on sale now- up to 26%)
• 4.5/5 star rating on TripAdvisor
• Adults-only property, guests must be over the age of 16
• Warm and cozy rooms with comfortable bedding, air-conditioned if needed
• Heated marble flooring in the bath space for those cold days and nights
• Views of the seaside coastal town for shopping and exploration
• Beach access with use of umbrellas and beach chairs
• Free WiFi
• Free parking on site
• Spa services and restaurant available
• Shuttle service available for those evening dinners
• Excluded resort fee of $10 (plus tax) per room is added per night
Register with my link first here to get 5% off your booking!
Then click here to reserve your stay 🙂 Enjoy
Imagine viewing the sunset with the melding colors of oranges and soft purple sky outlining the caressing rays as you sit on a comfortable chair outdoors. You begin to listen to the soft whispering current of water from Guadalupe River as you wait for the night sky to appear ushering a crowd of twinkling stars. Now, that I have piqued your imagination perhaps maybe this deal can spark you into booking action!
Today’s deal comes from the gorgeous Texas Hill Country pastoral landscape in Hunt, Texas USA. Its striking photographic region is home to lovely decorated bluebonnets covering the hillsides and the valleys. The New York Times had described and compared the region to Italy’s countryside region, Tuscany. The region lies just west of Austin and north of San Antonio. The town is surrounded by local dude ranches to cater to your cowboy curiosity or to just take in the western spirit.
The stay is hosted by the River Inn Resort and Condominiums and is the perfect ambience for those seeking a slower pace kind of life with little fuss and all relaxation.
• Normally priced at $145, today’s deal is $55/night (on sale now- up to 62%)
• 4/5 star rating on TripAdvisor
• Beautiful views of the countryside and river access for swimming, canoeing or paddling (rentals available)
• Water slide and a floating dock for all your water action needs
• Condominium amenities like a full kitchen, all cookware and utensils available
• Free WiFi
• Family room with games and arcades
• Outdoor activities from fishing to rock climbing in the surrounding area
• State park sightseeing like the Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, home of the gigantic pink-granite dome
• Check In: 4:00 PM, Check Out: 11:00 AM
• Parking is free!
Hurry, this deal is limited in fact it closes in 2 days! Dates available into October! Click Here to reserve your stay with Groupon
You heard of Punta Cana in the island of Dominican Republic, but I figure I shed some tropical sunlight on this beauty deal for you lovelies. Welcome to Puerto Plata! It is the ninth largest city and its located at the north side of Dominican Republic. Known to be the trading port, it is also home to a tropical botanical garden of over 600 plants located at the summit of Cordillera Septentrional.
This vacation is from Travel by Jen; an island getaway to the Dominican Republic where you’ll spend your time sunbathing and indulging on unlimited meals and drinks. Stay is provided by the lovely all-inclusive Wyndham resort on Playa Dorada, an immaculate beach located north of the island. With the average temperature of 88°F /31°C, who needs clothes! Take bikinis (dudes, swim trunks) and a few convertible sarongs 😉
Starting at $499, this vacation is a steal and includes a lot of experiences for an extended weekend vacation. So what does your fun vacay include? Let’s look together:
• 4 to 6 nights all-inclusive stay in a standard room on the resort
• Round-trip airfare (what?!) from major cities these include: Boston, New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Washington DC, Pittsburgh (PIT), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), or Miami (MIA)
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner including snacks! Unlimited drinks! (I see little umbrellas in your future)
• Fabulous welcome cocktail when you get there, celebrity status
• Fun water sport activities
• 24-hour room service
• Tips and hotel taxes
Are you packing yet?! Book now- Click Here!